Surface bias direction

Discussion about meshing issues.

Surface bias direction

Postby Cubit User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm

When putting a boundary layer mesh on a surface, I use the interval and bias setting for many edges. I find it quite tedious to reverse the bias direction for a particular edge (about 50 in my decomposed geometry). Is there a simple mouse click, for example, that is available to reverse the direction of a particular edge, or some other simple trick. My geometry is cylindrical in nature and so I cannot specify a particular Cartesian direction vector (unless I could put a cylindrical coord on my geometry).
Cubit User

Re: Surface bias direction

Postby csimsoft Moderator » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

In the Cubit GUI there is a panel that allows the user to view the sense of curves and modify it. In the Command Panel, click on Geometry->Curve->Modify->Sense. You then can pick the curves that need their sense viewed; probably the curves that are getting a bias applied to them. In the 'Align Curve' portion of the panel below, you can reverse the sense of a subset of the curves. You still have to pick each curve in order to view or modify its sense.

Another solution might be to use the 'propagate bias' command:

Propagate Curve Bias [surface|volume|body|group <id_list>]
csimsoft
csimsoft Moderator

Return to Meshing